Terms and conditions
General terms and conditions
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The state of the vehicle at check-out and the General terms and conditions are considered a part of the Rental agreement.
- M.A.C.K. – M.A.C.K. rent-a-car d.o.o., situated on the following address: Frana Supila 5, 20000 Dubrovnik, Croatia, OIB: 54622707977
- Renter – person or legal entity who rents the vehicle or the person in whose name the vehicle is rented. That person or entity is called the “Renter” and as such is responsible to oblige according to all the clauses of the General terms and conditions as well as the Rental agreement.
- User – Renter, Driver and Additional Driver in the following text.
- Rental agreement – individual rental agreement signed at check-out. The agreement permits the usage of the vehicle and defines the details concerning vehicle check-out, check-in, equipment, included services as well as the payment option. The agreement also includes information about the mileage, fuel levels, damages or shortcoming of the rented vehicle as well as other rights and obligations of the agreeing parties. All the information is confirmed and accepted by signature from both parties.
By signing the Rental agreement, the User agrees and accepts the following terms and obligations:
- Authorized vehicle handling – the rented vehicle may only be driven by a Driver older than 21 years, who possess a valid driver’s license for at least 3 years (36 months).
- The vehicle may only be driven by the User – i.e. the people/entities listed on the Rental agreement. It is prohibited for the vehicle to be used by third parties.
- Documents – We will provide the User with all the necessary vehicle documentation (registration certificate, third-party protection certificate and Green Card). The User will be held fully responsible for the loss of any documentation.
- The User agrees to use the rented vehicle only within the borders of the Republic of Croatia. If the User wishes to use the vehicle outside Croatia’s borders, it must be announced prior to leaving Croatia. We may charge you an additional fee, according to the official price list.
- At the end of the rent, the User must return the vehicle at the place and time specified in the Rental agreement, in the same state as when the rent started – i.e. with all of its equipment, documentation and same fuel level. Any modifications on the vehicle are strictly prohibited.
- Vehicles are rented on a daily basis according to the agreed rate, where one rental day is 24 hours from the time the Rental agreement started. After a rental day expires, M.A.C.K. has a grace period of 1 hour before a new day is charged.
- The User is obligated to notify M.A.C.K. of any changes regarding prolonging the rent or changing the return location at least 24 hours prior to check-in. If the vehicle is not returned at the agreed time and location, M.A.C.K. reserves the right to notify the police of vehicle theft.
- It is prohibited to use the rented vehicle: in any competitions, race or speed tests; for towing of another vehicle or object; payed transfer of goods or people or illegal activities. The vehicle can only be loaded to it’s passenger and carry limit.
- The User agrees to drive the vehicle only on public and paved roads. The User must oblige to the traffic regulations and traffic laws. It is strictly prohibited to drive under the influence of alcohol and drugs. The User also agrees to lock the vehicle, with all windows closed when leaving the vehicle, taking the vehicle keys and documentation and have them under their supervision.
- The User agrees to pay for all expenses (fuel, parking, road tolls, bridge tolls, etc.) during the rent. If any parking or traffic offenses occur during the rent, the User agrees to pay for them. Any unpaid parking or traffic tickets which occurred during the User’s rent will be charged on the User’s credit card presented at check-out for the security deposit.
- In case malfunction, dashboard warning or any other problem with the rented vehicle, the User must notify M.A.C.K. If the vehicle is not roadworthy, M.A.C.K. commits to replacing the vehicle as soon as possible, in a period no longer than 48 hours. With a M.A.C.K.’s representative’s approval, the User may deliver or repair the vehicle at an official repair shop. The refund of repair expenses can be processed only once the official repair shop invoice and with the replaced parts are delivered to M.A.C.K. If any vehicle parts are replaced without a M.A.C.K.’s representative’s approval or lost, the User may be charged a fee equal to the triple value of the replaced or lost part on the date of the check-in.
In case of damage on the rented vehicle, which would occur due to the User disregarding the clauses of the Rental agreement, the User must pay for the damages and any costs which may occur due operational inability.
- The User is responsible for damages on the engine or propulsion system (caused by e.g. lack of motor oil, gear box oil, coolant fluid and similar engine fluids), as well as damages on the oil sump, clutch, undercarriage, car interior; loss or damage of car keys or license plates; damages caused due to filling in wrong fuel or any other damage caused due to User negligence. In all these cases, the User is obligated to compensate M.A.C.K. for all the costs which include: the cost of repair of the vehicle, costs of rental days for every day the vehicle spent in the repair shop, but no more than 30 days, according to official price list and all other costs, which include towing expenses or loss of vehicle value.
- A.C.K. cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage which would occur due to disregarding the clauses in the Rental agreement.
- Passenger protection – by paying a daily fee, charged according to the official price list, the User and all other passengers in the rented vehicle are insured for personal injuries or death, in amount specified in the third-party protection certificate. The passenger protection is valid if the accident isn’t caused by a third-party.
- The damage excess amount is determined based on vehicle type and official price list.
- Vehicle damage or theft – If the vehicle is stolen or damaged due to: the User’s negligence; the User being responsible for the damage or theft; the User disregarding any of the clauses in the Renal agreement, the User is held responsible.
- Personal belongings – M.A.C.K. cannot be held responsible for the loss of any personal belongings of the User and other passengers of the rented vehicle. By signing the Rental agreement, the User forfeits any demands for compensation of lost belongings.
- The User agrees to return the vehicle to the nearest M.A.C.K office if requested by M.A.C.K. M.A.C.K. reserve the right to request the User to return the vehicle to the nearest M.A.C.K office if any breaches of the Rental agreement are found.
- A.C.K. reserves the right to disclose User information to the authorities. M.A.C.K will not disclose User information to other third parties, as specified by the government legislation.
- The court in Dubrovnik is amenable for any disputes.
TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS AND VEHICLE DAMAGES
- In case of a traffic accident or any new damage on the vehicle, the User is bound to inform the police and a M.A.C.K. representative. The User must assist the police in their investigation of the accident.
- In case of a traffic accident, the User commits to protect the interests of M.A.C.K. and M.A.C.K. protection partners by: writing down the names of the parties involved in the accidents; legibly filling in the European accident report (which is signed by all parties); photographing: the driver’s license, registration certificate, third-party protection certificate of all involved parties as well as all vehicles involved in the accident (with visible license plates). The User agrees to secure the vehicle before leaving it.
- In case the User does not provide a police report, accident statement or police alcohol test, all the costs of repairing or compensation for the theft of the vehicle will be charged to the User including costs of rental days for every day the vehicle spent in the repair shop, but no more than 30 days, according to official price list, no matter which party was responsible for the accident or if the User has protection services (CDW or SCDW).
- In case the User is the responsible party in the accident, the User is held responsible for the costs of a replacement vehicle and towing service. If necessary, the User will be supplied a replacement vehicle, for a fee. In case the User is not the responsible party in the accident, M.A.C.K. will supply a replacement vehicle within 48 hours and organize the towing of the damaged vehicle.
- Basic protection (CDW) and Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW) do not cover damages on: tires, rims, undercarriage, car glass, gear box, clutch, vehicle interior; damages caused by: filling in the wrong fuel, negligent driving, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, passing through a red light or when driven by an unauthorized driver. CDW and SCDW do not cover damages which occur abroad, without M.A.C.K.’s permission to leave the country.
- Basic protection (CDW) and Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW) do not cover costs which occur due to: lost or damaged vehicle documentation, car keys or license plates as well as any damages which were not reported to the police and M.A.C.K. representative or for which the User did not supply a police alcohol report.
- If the Rental agreement is filled in and the rent started (i.e. the service was supplied to the User), the User does not have the right to cancel the Rental agreement.
- If the User returns the vehicle before the time agreed to in the Rental agreement, the costs are calculated according to the terms agreed on in the Rental agreement regardless of changes made after the Rental agreement was agreed to or shortened rental period. If the User uses the rented vehicle, even after the rental period ended, M.A.C.K. reserves the right to charge the rent until the vehicle was returned, according to the official price list, as well as the late return fee.
- The User is considered the responsible party for any traffic accidents or offenses which occurred during the rental period. In case the User does not pay the fines for these offenses, M.A.C.K. will charge them to the User, alongside with the administrative fee. M.A.C.K. reserves the right to charge the costs without notifying the User. State taxes and similar non-M.A.C.K. related fees will be charged according to the current government legislation.
RENTAL PRICE, FEES AND OTHER COSTS
- Additional services, fees and costs which are charged separately, according to the General terms and conditions, Rental agreement and official M.A.C.K. price lists are not included in the rental price.
- The price of the rent, additional services, fees and costs are susceptible to change according to M.A.C.K. business decisions, changes in taxation or legislation.
- If the User uses the rented vehicle abroad, without notifying M.A.C.K. at check-out, a fee will be charged according to the official price list.
- By signing the Rental agreement, the User accepts they are responsible for all the charges detailed in the Rental agreement.
- The User is obligated to report any discontent to a M.A.C.K. representative during the rent or at latest during check-in.
- The User may submit their complaints on the service to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with Article 6, paragraph 3 of the Law on Provision of Services in Tourism („Narodne novine“ 130/17) written complaints about our services can be filed at our office.
On receipt of your complaint without delay we will notify you.
You can file complaints in the following way:
-by sending letter of complaint on address: Frana Supila 3, 20000 Dubrovnik
-telefax: + 385 (0) 20 423 747
Within the statutory deadline of 15 days we will respond to your complaint.